12/3/08

December 3

I so very sorry for my absence. Life is getting a little busy of late, but fear not, I am back and ready to post two weeks worth of Twilight information! Away we goooooo.....

Current Gross for Twilight
Total US Gross $122,658,216
International Gross $19,900,000
Worldwide Gross $142,558,216


Current Gross for James Bond
Total US Gross $143,228,936
International Gross $340,100,000
Worldwide Gross $483,328,936


For being open one week less than James Bond, I think we are doing pretty well for ourselves. We are only about 21 million behind on US Gross. Bond was only at $108,790,786 for their first week.

Twilight Books
Just a reminder the Twilight Collector's Edition is on sale now. Buy if for yourself and save it for Christmas. Also, the Twilight Saga: the official guide is not going to be out until September 30, 2009. This is 9 months later than originally planned. Boy am I depressed.

Twilighters Anonymous has a pretty funny Top Ten List (think Letterman) about why you should see the Twilight movie again.

New Moon Update
MTV did an interview about New Moon with Catherine Hardwicke. Many questions will be answered and some are left out, but a great read if you have the time. For those of you pressed for time, here are a few highlights from the interview.
-They hope to have the movie out in late 2009 early 2010
-The first rough draft of New Moon has been completed
-There will be more of Edward than you think


Hot Topic has gone crazy with Twilight items. They have added men's hoodies, gift cards, purses and much more. Go and check it out. Might make shopping for Christmas just a little easier.New Moon Update

Twilight DVD
This information is coming from the Twilight Lexicon Blog, so nothing official, but these gals know their stuff. I will keep you posted when the release date actually comes out.

Also, for those of you who are dying to have the DVD, this is just in from Naomi who stumbled on Twilight info at her local video store.
I was at my local mall today, scouting out new Twilight merchandise, when I decided to check out FYE. I went straight to the posters that were displayed and there, taped to the display, was a sign that read "PREORDER TWILIGHT TODAY! COMING IN 2009." I literally ran up to the counter and asked the lady to fill me in. She told me that I could pre-order it by putting $5 down on the dvd, and when it came in, they’d call. I asked when it was coming in and she replied around Valentine’s Day (February 14th). Also (and I don’t know if this is just at my local FYE or at others too), the woman told me that she was having a contest to
win a special Twilight prize. To win, all you have to do is pre-order the DVD. Oh, and they have 2 different versions of the DVD coming out: a regular (estimated at $19.99) and a special edition (estimated at $22.99).

Festival of Trees
Look at what people can come up with. Wow is all I can say, people in Utah are something else. Read about it in the Desert News.





Here is what is under the Christmas Tree.

-Bella - A Camera and a Scrapbook
-Edward - An Electric Piano
-Carlisle - The game Operation
-Esme - A Pink tool set
-Emmet - A bear rug and a red toy jeep

-Rosalie - A silver-plated vanity set complete with brush, comb, and mirror
-Alice - A Magic 8 Ball
-Jasper - Books on the Civil War along with a baseball and bat
-Charlie - A Fishing Pole
-Rene - The Host autographed by Stephenie Meyer, and a gift certificate from the Kings English Bookstore
-Renesme - The complete works of Shakespeare and Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice
-Jacob - A tool box, a work light, and work gloves.
-The Volturri - The board
game Risk
-Infinite Jewelry donated the Official Bella’s Bracelet and Engagement Ring.
-Twilight Teez donated the Edward “bite me” baseball cap and the Jacob “Hot Dog” Beanie Hat
-The Forks Chamber of Commerce provided a Forks Washington Baseball cap
-Forks Outfitters sent a Forks Spartan Sweatshirt
-Brent Neilson hand carved the beautiful Queen and Pawn Chess pieces for the Twilight Saga book ends
-Shauna Call worked tirelessly on the tree skirt which is actually a twin size quilt with the four book cover designs.
-A La Push Hoodie jacket, a Forks T-shirt, a Team Edward Purse, and a plush penguin doll, the -Twilight 2009 Calendar, and a Twilight Movie poster, and a “Dear Santa Vampires Believe” cookie plate completed the delights under the tree.


Site of the month
After much thought I have decided to make Twilightmoms.com the site of the month for December. Let me explain why I was not a fan for awhile.

Back in May, Channy and I were sitting out for The Host book signing. We had spent a cold night out in front of Borders to get the tickets and were now sitting in the baking sun waiting in line for the event. Well a couple of "girls" thought they would butt in line and lied about it. I was having none of that and went to told the ladies they had to move. Needless to say security was called and the "girls" had to move back in line.

How does this tie in with Twilight Mom's, well, these "girls" claimed to be Twilight moms. Looking back I don't think they were, but I didn't know. The real Twilight Mom's are wonderful helpful people.

I felt I needed to give Twilight Mom's the site of the month because they did such a wonderful job on the Twilight Premiere. I know how much work it was for the party we had, I can only imagine what time and effort was put forth for theirs. Congrats to Twilight Mom's.

0 comments: