11/21/08

November 21

Twilight Party and Movie
After months of anticipation, we were finally rewarded. We have been to one of the funniest parties ever and we saw Twilight.

The day could not come fast enough. I didn't sleep well the night prior, I am sure it was because of all the excitement about the movie and the Twilight Party Channy and I were throwing. I would dare say, yesterday was better than Christmas. The party we threw was great! I don't think it could of gone any better. I believe we had about 50 people total. The decorations, food and games came together wonderfully.

Thank you again to all those who did attend. I know many traveled from out of state to come. I hope we didn't let you down. Channy and I enjoyed putting this together and having others share our love of the books. We missed those who were not able to make it, but don't worry, we have three others party's we are planning on hosting.

The movie was wonderful. I like it a lot. The did follow the book well. They even used a lot of the same lines from the book for the movie. In addition to the romance, there were several funny parts. I was entertained the entire two hours.

I googled "Twilight reviews" and over 1300 articles came up. These reviews range from 5 star to 2.5 (this was by the Salt Lake Tribe, guy hasn't even read the books.) My review has nothing but praise. Of course there were a few things I would of like to see, but then I have read the book 6 times. I do not think this movie is a waste of your $8.00.

I plan on seeing it again tonight! Let's hope Twilight makes more than Bond does. I would hate for Channy to lose a bet.

Check back later this weekend to see the total sales for Twilight's opening weekend and pictures from the party.

0 comments: